it’s the 1st of september already! can you believe it?
i have to confess, after these two awesome months of summer I spent 80% with my beloved family, friends and the bf, i’m excited for the new challenges this upcoming semester will bring about!
this semester, starting on tuesday, is gonna be a little different. It only lasts from September to December and contains all my last classes and exams within this Bachelor program.
Why so short? Well, the 5th semester is, technically speaking, the final semester. This is because the actual last semester (sem6), from January 2014 to May 2014, is supposed to be a full time internship. No classes or courses at the campus, the only occasion you come back for to the campus is to take the final Bachelor Exam in May.
I can’t quite believe I’m so far along already, to be honest here.
Consequently, these last couple of courses are happening from now to December, meaning right now is the time to give it all and fight. Additionally to the regular subjects and exams in this Semester, the first Bachelor Paper is to be written and handed in in November. yup, I said November. yes, I need to get going!;)
I’m glad to tell you that the internship-search-situation has pretty much settled by now, meaning I can cut back worrying and just wait and see. (relieved, here!)
okay, so what was my point again? 😉
I’m excited for this new and important Semester. I am ready to go.
This Semester, there’s no room for excuses, this one is gonna matter, so I’ll better make it count.
I don’t know if I already told you, but the chapter of my life starting right now is pretty much an adventure. Up until now, I’ve had my future, my “next steps“, at least roughly figured out. I knew the direction I was headed to and almost had a “plan”. At this moment, however, it’s different.
Yes, I know that the next steps are to complete this 5th Semester and then do an internship. But after that? It’s pretty much undiscovered territory! I cannot really plan ahead anymore and I admit, this freaks me out a little. But it also comes with the zest of an adventure. It’s all in the open from now on. Oh my!
Know what I mean?
This strange, exciting and a little dangerous feeling that everything is possible and everything is new. All depends on my internship, yes. But I’m not sure what and who I wanna be yet, so I’m gonna find this out while I’m walking.
My Bucket list & resolutions for the indefinite period
As today is the 1st of September and the ultimate kick-off of this new chapter the little list-lover within me felt the urge to set some goals and wishes for the future. Although I don’t know exactly where life is gonna take me, I do know some things I wanna achieve and am curious about how and where I’m gonna be. So let me share my bucket list and some resolutions with you, from now on to an indefinite time!
- finish 5th semester w/o resits and with awesome grades
- be all organized
- see girlfriends regularly during semester, too
- ZEN a little;)
- finish 1st Bachelor paper well ahead in time
- be able to be proud of this Bachelor paper!
- reflect and question own thoughts & actions continuously – maybe by writing this blog!
- record album with Oh, I Taste The Queen
- eat tons of fruit & high carb, vegan meals
- work out about 3 times a week, each week
- upgrade wardrobe to make it more “business”-friendly – so mix business /w casual pieces!
- figure out where next apartment should be & how to finance it
- give my best at work (internship)
- build up network (career)
- figure out what to do next: do a master? longer/more internships? work for a while?
- have own, cozy apartment where having a cat/dog is allowed
- adopt a cat/dog
- get a hammock;)
- have balcony in apartment
- go on great vacation with the bf (financed by ourselves)
- be more financially independent to help parents
- see & spend quality time with family regularly
- call grandmas more often & give sth back
- write & record song(s) with the bf
- get back into drawing
- get new tattoo
- clean apartment regularly
so this is all i can think of right now! i think i’ll come back to this post & update it from time to time..maybe add more and hopefully cross stuff off the list!
i can only highly recommend having a bucket/goal list. it really improves focus and provides some guidance on your path. plus, crossing stuff off it is amazing! 🙂
i wish you a great day and all the best for this fall! you are very welcome to share your thoughts in the comments and stay tuned for my fall posts! think seasonal fall comfort food, halloween, my birthday, …haha;)