today I felt all groggy and exhaused, I had to work for 5 hours at the shop and didn’t really get much sleep the last couple of nights.
so I decided to make me my first homemade granola to cheer me up and give me my power back!:)
here you go, I just mixed some of my fav ingredients and threw everything mixed up in a baking-pan to roast the stuff until it was golden and chrunchy.
(enough for a big box)
– 2 c. oats/spelt, roasted
– 1 c. oat-raisin-seeds-mixture
– 1 c. amaranth-pops
– 1 c. dried cherries
– 1 c. dried dates, chopped
– 1-2 c.
banana-chips bananas, chopped
– 2 T carob
– 2 T cinnamon
– 3/4 c.
honey-ricesyrup applesauce-maplesyrup- mixture
– 1/2 c. chai-tea
1. toast the oats + raisin-oats mix in the pan
2. let the dates, cherries & bananas sit in the hot chai
3. mix amaranth-pops, cinnamon, carob
& banana-chips & then slowly add the roasted oats & fruit
4. add the syrup-mixture and mix everything well (I did this by hand)
5. throw everything in your pan and roast the whole thingy
7. let it cool down and put it in a glass or metalbox;
and that’s it!
*edit: you can also roast your granola in the oven, on a baking-sheet!
i’m sure this tastes yummy with some soy- or other nondairy mylk, as it would do with yome yogurt, water or even fruitjuice.
or, if you’re as into granola as I am, you can just have the “pure enjoyment” by eating your granola “raw” and all by itself. 🙂
oh, and, by the way: this granola is absolutely healthy, guilt-free, vegan and delicious!
it doesn’t contain any nuts or soy but it full of energy and taste!
i made some different varieties of this basic granola recipe. so, if you’re looking for some easy changes, extra add-ins or extra benefits, take a look at these:
“Breakfast Cup” (also snack-worthy!)
feel free to play around with this recipe!
happy granola-eating! 🙂