i thought about some general vegan posts i’m gonna do, to make sure you people get a little insight into the „vegan world“.
being vegan sometimes feels like being an outcast, but „new“ or „unusual“ lifestyles and ideas never used to be popular in its beginning-times.
this post is gonna show you how an ordinary day as a vegan could look like.
it’s about preparing your meals at home & gives you some recipe-ideas.
i’m also going to write a post on how to survive an omni*-party and an „eating out guide“,
but let’s talk about a day at home first!
* an „omni“ is an „omnivore“, which means people who eat whatever they can get, by means of meat, fish, dairy, eggs, gelatine & other animal-based foods. you get the idea. you’re surrounded by omnis! ;)
SAMPLE DAY OF A VEGAN’S LIFE
breakfast is important, for our bodies need to fill up the energy levels after some good sleep.
some people like a really early breakfast, some (like me) prefer it to be later.
- what about some
–> enjoy it with any mylk you like best: soy-, almond-, hemp-, rice-, oat- or spelt-mylk.
- you can’t really eat much after getting up?
here’s some yummy & not-too-rich idea: “QUICK BREAKFAST”
- not a granola-fan?
i can hardly imagine, but of course there are various other options:
- try different nut-butters, such as peanut-, almond- or macadamia-butter;
- get some jam, but remember to check if it’s gelatine-free!
- use vegan margarine & top it with some maple-syrup;
- make yourself some yummy “BANANARAMA” (banana-butter)
- you’re more the savoury breakfast-type?
- get some (toasted) bread or sandwich & eat it with vegan cheese (available at vegan online shops & big supermarkets) or even vegan fake-meat (same here).
- if you’re fond of scrambled eggs, try a fake-version of it by using tofu.
just search the internet for a good alternative, there are many great recipes waiting for you out there!
- and, last but not least, fruit has always been the quickest breakfast to-go!
Lunch & Dinner
well, what do we have here?
millions of opportunities!
lentils, beans, tofu & other soy-products, tempeh, seitan;
- whole grains
quinoa, amaranth, spelt, oat, wheat, rice, whole-grain pasta, …
here are some ideas:
or what about a Champignon-Veggie-Pan? :)
you need to know that i only post recipes without the added whole-grains, for it’s not that complicated to cook rice, quinoa or so. so just make the things i post & then add your fav. whole-gains! :)
another great tip is to visit this site: Katies Blog !
i often use her recipes, they’re awesome!
it happens i’ve written an entire post about my fav. snacks right here .
but, just so you get the idea:
some GRILLED VEGGIES with LENTIL – SPREAD
(i also added some tomato-sauce here& used it as dip)
see, a yummy vegan day is possible & very recommendable :)